Sales route planning has evolved beyond basic navigation and emerged as the key to unlocking unparalleled time efficiency and maximizing results in the field.
In the dynamic world of field sales, simply getting from client A to client B is no longer sufficient. It’s about finding the optimal path that seamlessly integrates with your sales strategy, empowering you to exceed quotas and surpass customer expectations.
While tools like Google Maps and Waze offer multiple stop options, they lack the essential features that truly elevate your sales game.
Get ready to delve into the game-changing sales route planners and optimizers that will revolutionize your field sales journey.
Sales Route Planners: Unlocking Productivity
First, let’s explore what sales route planners are, why they matter to field sales reps, and how they differs from “regular” route planners.
What is a Sales Route Planner?
Sales route planners are tools designed to help field sales reps efficiently map out their customer visits and navigate through multiple stops. These planners provide efficient routes, directions, and turn-by-turn guidance, streamlining the sales journey and attempting to maximize productivity on the road.
Why are Sales Route Planners important?
Did you know that field sales people spend an average of 21 hours behind the wheel per week? This is why sales route planners are essential tools for today’s road warriors. These tools are also important for the following reasons:
- Time Efficiency: By efficiently planning routes and minimizing travel time, sales reps can maximize their productivity and visit more customers within their limited schedule.
- Improved Productivity: Streamlined routes enable sales reps to focus on selling rather than getting lost or wasting time on inefficient routes, leading to increased sales productivity.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: With well-planned routes, sales reps can arrive promptly, provide better service, and foster stronger customer relationships.
How do Sales Route Planners work?
Sales route planners work by utilizing advanced algorithms and mapping technology to help field sales reps effectively navigate their customer visits. Here’s how they work:
- Input: Sales reps input their desired stops or import customer data into the route planner, specifying the order of visits.
- Calculation: The route planner calculates the most efficient sequence of stops based on factors like distance, traffic conditions, and appointment time windows.
- Route Generation: The tool generates a well-structured route plan, complete with turn-by-turn directions, to guide sales reps through their sales journey.
- Real-time Updates: Some route planners, like Badger Maps or Sales Rabbit, provide real-time updates, allowing sales reps to adapt to changes on the go and stay on track with their routes.
Curious what makes sales route optimizers like Veloxy better than planners? Stay tuned!
Google Maps and Waze as Route Planners?
Are Google Maps and Waze truly your best companions on the winding road of field sales? Let’s embark on an exhilarating journey of exploration and uncover the truth behind their allure.
The Appeal & Shortcomings
- Inefficiencies and Lack of Route Optimization: Planning a route manually with these navigation apps can be a time-consuming ordeal. There’s no intelligent optimization at play, leaving you to wander through an overwhelming maze of possibilities without a guiding light.
- Arrival Time and Customer Information: Picture this: you reach your destination, but you’re left scrambling to access crucial customer details. Google and Waze may steer you in the right direction, but they don’t seamlessly integrate with your CRM or provide easy access to customer intelligence.
Google Maps vs. Waze
If you’re contemplating which app to rely on for your sales route planning adventures, here’s a brief comparison:
- Google Maps: It’s the undisputed king of navigation, offering reliable directions and traffic information. However, its limitations in terms of sales-focused features and route optimization may leave you longing for more.
- Waze: Known for its crowd-sourced traffic data and interactive features, Waze adds a dash of excitement to your journey. Yet, similar to Google, it lacks the sales-specific functionalities that can truly transform your field sales game.
Curiosity Strikes? Try 'em Out!
If you’re itching to test the waters or see how Google and Waze handle your sales routes, here’s a quick guide:
- Google Maps: Open the app, enter up to 10 stops in the order you desire, and behold your manually planned route. Just remember, without the guiding hand of intelligent optimization, you might be missing out on a more efficient path.
- Waze: Seek the thrill of navigating with Waze by following a similar process to Google. Experience its lively interface, voice alerts, and user-contributed traffic reports. But remember, the missing sales-centric features might leave you yearning for a more tailored solution.
Sales Route Planner vs. Google Maps and Waze
In the realm of field sales, where every minute counts and customer interactions are paramount, a dedicated route planner takes center stage, setting itself apart from the likes of Google Maps and Waze. Let’s explore the unique benefits that a route planner brings to your business trips and how it differentiates itself from other navigation tools.
The Power of Customized Planning
Are you ready for the complexity of sales routes? Brace yourself for the staggering number of possibilities.
Depending on the city you’re in, even a route with just 10 destinations can have over 100,000 unique plans.
That’s where the true value of a sales route planner shines.
Don’t leave your sales journey to chance. With a dedicated sales route planner, you have the advantage of carefully selecting the best route, avoiding the gamble of randomly choosing from thousands of less-optimal options. Take control of your sales journey and ensure every decision leads to maximum efficiency and success.
Embrace the power of a sales route planner that combines strategic planning, expanded sales opportunities, and valuable insights. It’s time to unlock your full sales potential and leave no room for chance.
Advantages of Sales Route Optimizers
Sales route optimizers take route planning to a whole new level, harnessing the power of cutting-edge technology, buyer propensity analysis, and intelligent Sales AI algorithms to revolutionize your field sales journey. Let’s dive into the remarkable advantages they bring to the table.
The Power of Sales Route Optimization
Say goodbye to manual planning and embrace the dynamic intelligence of sales route optimizers.
These innovative tools consider multiple factors, including sales visits, time windows, and buyer propensity, to conjure up the optimal sequence of visits. By optimizing your sales routes, they unlock a world of benefits:
- Reduced Travel Time: Bid farewell to hours spent on the road. Optimizers slash travel time by calculating the most efficient sales routes, enabling you to reach more customers in less time.
- Cost Savings: As your travel time decreases, so do your expenses. By minimizing fuel consumption and reducing wear and tear on your vehicle, optimizers help you save on costs.
- Increased Customer Reach & Coverage: Expand your customer reach without stretching your resources. With optimized sales routes, you can effortlessly navigate through territories, maximizing your potential to connect with all clients in as little time as possible
Real-Time Adaptability & Data-Driven Insights
The world of sales is ever-changing, and sales route optimizers are designed to thrive in this dynamic environment. They seamlessly adapt to real-time updates, whether it’s traffic congestion or unexpected customer detours. Their adaptability ensures you stay one step ahead, reaching your customers without delays or disruptions.
But the benefits don’t stop there!
Optimizers unravel hidden patterns and reveal untapped sales opportunities. With geolocation intelligence and data-driven insights at your fingertips, you become a master strategist, making informed decisions that pave the way for unparalleled success.
Embrace the power of sales route optimization and unleash your full sales potential with Veloxy. With their unrivaled expertise in smart route mapping, geolocation intelligence, and advanced features tailored for sales professionals, Veloxy takes your field sales journey to new heights. It’s time to elevate your sales game and experience the true power of optimization.
Choosing the Right Sales Route Planner or Optimizer
When it comes to selecting a sales route planner or optimizer, one size doesn’t fit all. It’s crucial to choose a solution specifically tailored to the unique needs and challenges of field sales professionals such as yourself.
You can view a field sales software grid here.
Let’s explore some of the top players in the market and their distinctive features:
Veloxy: Unleash Your Sales Potential
Here’s what sets Veloxy apart:
- Seamless Salesforce Integration: Veloxy seamlessly integrates with Salesforce, providing a unified platform to manage customer information and streamline your sales workflow.
- Sales Engagement Capabilities: With just a click, initiate sales engagement activities like calls and emails, ensuring a seamless transition between sales route planning and customer interactions.
- Geolocation Intelligence: Veloxy’s geolocation intelligence empowers you to discover new prospects in your vicinity, expanding your customer base and uncovering hidden opportunities.
- Dynamic Routing: The dynamic routing feature helps you pivot to the next best destination when a customer cancels at the last minute. Other route tools make you manually reset everything, which is a waste of your precious time.
For non-Salesforce CRM users, Badger offers a compelling option. While it may not have the extensive sales engagement features of Veloxy, Badger excels in personalized data visualization and tailored onboarding.
Here’s what makes Badger a standout:
- Personalized Data Visualization: Badger allows you to visualize your data in a way that suits your unique needs, enabling you to gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
- Dedicated Manager Support: With Badger, you receive dedicated manager support to ensure a smooth onboarding process and personalized assistance tailored to your requirements.
- Lasso Feature: Badger’s innovative ‘Lasso’ feature allows you to draw a section on the map, generating an optimized route for that specific area.
GeoPointe is a popular choice among Territory Managers who oversee multiple field sales representatives. It offers robust features for efficiently mapping out territories and maximizing revenue potential. Here’s what makes GeoPointe a preferred option:
- Territory Management: GeoPointe enables Territory Managers to efficiently map out territories, ensuring effective sales route planning and revenue maximization.
- Thematic and Heat Mapping: Say goodbye to spreadsheet field sales reporting. GeoPointe provides thematic and heat mapping functionalities, allowing you to identify hot opportunities and prioritize trips for your team.
Embracing the Power of Sales Route Optimizers
Say goodbye to the days of manual sales route planning and embrace the efficiency and productivity of field sales route optimizers. Here’s why you should make the switch:
1. Enhanced Sales Coverage: Field sales route optimizers unlock the potential for increased sales coverage, allowing you to reach more customers and prospects within the same timeframe.
2. Staying Ahead of the Competition: By leveraging route optimizers, you gain a competitive edge in the field. Stay one step ahead of your competitors by efficiently navigating through territories and maximizing your time with customers.
3. Insights for Strategic Decision-Making: Field sales route optimizers provide valuable insights into customer behavior, helping you make data-driven decisions to prioritize and strategize your sales efforts.
Now is the time to explore the benefits of route optimizers like Veloxy. Crush your sales quotas and achieve unparalleled success. Schedule a call with me to learn more about how Veloxy can revolutionize your field sales journey.
Elevate Your Field Sales Game with Optimal Routes
Elevate your field sales game and unlock your true potential. Embrace the power of sales route optimizers to maximize your productivity and achieve unparalleled success. It’s time to crush your quotas and pave the way for long-term growth and achievement in your field sales journey. Let’s do this!
Frequently Asked Question
What is the Best Free Route Planning app?
Making use of a route planner app can be a game changer for those who spend a significant amount of time on the road.
However, relying solely on a free route planning app may not always be the best choice.
Without sharing aforementioned apps (Google, Waze, Veloxy, Badger and GeoPointe), here’s a roundup of the 14 best free route planners in the market today:
- RouteXL: Great for delivery drivers, with features like automatic route optimization and the ability to import destinations from spreadsheets.
- MapQuest: A reliable and popular choice for road trips, providing simple routing and access to various businesses along the route.
- Plotaroute: Perfect for outdoor activities, allowing users to create routes for walking, running, or biking while tracking mileage and progress.
- TruckRouter: Tailored for truckers, offering truck-specific routes, weight/height restrictions, and trip cost calculations.
- My Route: A practical option for logistics and trucking, enabling users to map up to 350 stops per route and optimize by time or distance.
- Speedy Route: Suitable for delivery drivers, featuring efficient route reordering and timeboxing for on-time deliveries.
- RAC’s Mapping Service: Emphasizing safety, with accident avoidance features, weather information, and hotel and fuel cost calculators.
- Maps.me: A reliable choice for offline navigation, allowing users to download unlimited maps and navigate without an internet connection.
- LogiNext Mile: Designed for logistics and trucking, providing real-time updates, automated resource allocation, and ETA calculations.
- The Dyrt: Tailored for camping trips, offering customizable routes, nearby campground suggestions, and over 1 million in-app reviews.
- Apple Maps: Perfect for day-to-day routing on Apple devices, featuring integration with Siri and easy access to nearby locations.
- inRoute: Suitable for road trips with weather-sensitive planning, offering weather charts, route optimization, and export options.
- Flightmap: Highly customizable mapping software for multiple purposes, allowing advanced route planning and downloadable maps.
- Roadtrippers: Ideal for adventure trips, providing the ability to build multi-stop routes, estimate gas costs, and discover points of interest along the way.
While free route planners offer great value, it’s important to consider their limitations. For more sophisticated features and a personalized experience, investing in a paid route planning app may be worth it in terms of cost savings and increased revenue. Many apps offer free trials, allowing you to test their capabilities before making a decision.